Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Greece!

After barcelona I was back in florence for a day and than headed to Corfu, Greece! It was amanda, sarah, marianella, alyse, mary, and I. Mary transferred to bentley last year and we met her here in florence, and im super glad she came on the trip with us because we had so much fun with her! the trip started out on a 4 hr bus ride to Ancona, where we caught the ferry to greece. The ferry was a hugeee ship with a couple restaurants and stuff on it. We boarded the the ferry and claimed our seats, it was kind of similar to airline seating with more legroom. After we settled in we went out to the deck and played some card games and got our first greek gyros which were amazing. The ferry ride was 18 hours so that was a little much haha we ended up all sleeping on the floors and aisles around the seating because it was too uncomfortable in the seats so that wasnt too bad. I did forget a pillow which was a bummer but thats okay used a sweatshirt and it pretty much functioned the same haha We finally arrived in corfu and had to take a 30-45 min bus ride to our hostel called "The Pink Palace". The name is pretty self explanatory, the hostel was completely bright pink! we arrived at the hostel around 12pm and were a lil tired but just excited to be there so did some exploring around the beach and went in the big hot tub which we actually called the pee pool, bc the water wasnt that hot it was more lukewarm hahah here is Mary and me in the hot tub: (my pink bathing suit was a good choice to bring i matched all the decor of the hostel hahah)

That next day we went on a pink boat around the island doing cliff jumping and stopping at gorgeous beaches. The boat had a bar on it with greek beer, 1 can for 1 euro. The greek beer was a lil weird but adjusted to the different taste. The water was so blue and crystal clear, and not even that cold at all! Much warmer than the LI sound thats for sure haha It was beautiful got to swim around alot and may of even gotten a tint of tan! Here are pictures of the boat:
 the greek beer!
 wading in the water to get to the boat!


 me and our new friend skip!
 Our super pink hostel and the area around it!
 swimming around
These are all the pictures I have uploadedd so far but I have a ton more that I will post within a week! That night after the boat we went to a toga party that the hostel threw and that was really fun. The togas were pretty difficult to put on but we eventually figured it out! we went to the party and watched a traditional greek dance show and they smashed plates on our heads and they did all this crazy stuff and we drank ouzo which was actually pretty gross haha and ate delicious greek salads with big blocks of feta cheese! it was awesome. The next day we got up early and went on a ATV tour of the island! it was a pretty funny story, because first I wasnt allowed to drive my own ATV because i left my drivers license in Firenze and they wouldnt let me drive without a license when i was signing up so i signed up as a double with Amanda so I would ride with her on the big atv. About an hour into our ATV tour (the tour was about 6 hrs long) our ATV starts smoking and pretty much just stops! so were like omg wat do we do! the tour guide told us the ATV was shot, so we had to hop on with him. He was greek and barely spoke any english, and me amanda and him were all squished onto one quad! We looked absolutely ridiculous! They had called for a truck to bring another ATV and that got there super quickly but it was a small one so only amanda could use it. I was stuck riding with the greek tour guide for a lil longer. I thought I would be for the whole rest of the 4 hrs, but luckily some grl freaked out while driving her quad and was like "AH i cant drive this thing! Im not an adventourous person i dont want to drive anymore im scared I just want to ride on the back!" So the guide asked if I wanted to switch with her (he was unaware thaat i wasnt supposed to be driving but I wasnt going to make him aware of this fact haha) so of course i said yeah! So than i got to drive my own quad for the majority of the tour! I was so excited, it worked out perfectly. Driving was sooo fun, we went on tons of woodsy trails and trails along these big cliffs and stuff it was awesome. We got to see some great views. When we were turning around at one part Alyse crashed her quad into a wall and it was sooooo funny we were laughing so hard (she was obviously totally fine) she just misjudged the turn and rammed into this cement wall hahaha We did the atv's pretty much all day and than came back and ate some delicious dinnner at the hostel. Than we had to start packing up our stuff and checking out unfortunately. The boat ride back was pretty easy bc since we left later at night we slept for the majority of the trip. The bus ride back to florence was not fun bc we were all smelly and gross frmo being on the boat for foreverrrr and we got back to florence the net day at 730pm. This was good timing bc anna had dinner ready at 8, so made it just in time! So nice to come back to a delicious hot italian dinner it was great. Got to tell anna all about my trip and Nil was soooo excited to have me and lauren back bc shed been home the whole vacation because she goes to a different school as us, so she was super lonely without us haha so the three of us were reunited and enjoyed our first meal back. After dinner i showered and passed out i was exhaustedddd. it was about 10pm so i got alot of sleep and woke up bright and early at 8am and went to the gymmm and started the winter workout for lax. did a nice triple threat to start out the day (treadmill, elipitcal, bike combo). did some lifting and felt ready for the day. I went to the grocery store and got some lunch stuff for the week and went home a made a yummy sandwhich and than headed to italian class. I got my italian midterm back and i got a 92 so that was exciting! i was a lil annoyed bc the stuff i got points off for was dumb, but all in all it was good. Anna was very proud when i came home with my test haha she said the bentley students tht stay with her are always the smartest! :) I get my other midterms back on thursday so hopefully i did as well on them as i did on italian! I think i did, i studied alot and felt confident and relaxed going into my break so hopefully ill feel the same way when i get them back haha I ahve some work to do this week and than i go to Amsterdam this weekend with hayley, sarah, and christina! so excited! I will post more pictures from Greece soon and will write about amsterdam after this weekeend!!! : )

Pink Palace and the beach:

No comments:

Post a Comment